Ice fishing Festivals
Winter time in Korea is such cold and it seems almost impossible to enjoy outdoor life.
In Korea, we have 3 ice fishing festivals.
1. Pyeongchang Trout Festival
2. Hwacheon Sancheoneo (Mount Trout) Ice Festival
3. Inje Icefish Festival
Among those 3 festivals, Hwacheon Sancheoneo ice fishing festival is the famous one. Because this festival is nearest one from Seoul. 50% of our populations are living in Seoul area.
But Other ice fishing festivals are also very fun. And you can avoid crowd.
If you want to visit any festival of those, let us know. We will make perfect adventure camping tour for you. You can enjoy festival, hiking, camping, skiing with WCP adventure for cheap cost. Contact us! (click here)
Also here is website, you can find further information of ice fishing festivals. Click here!
What you need to bring for Ice fishing festival?
When you get to Hwacheon (화천) city for the ice fishing festival, you need to bring money for entrance and ice fishing tools. For reserving environment, there are restrictions for fishing tools. So you need to bring appropriate fishing tools that meet Festival policy.
1. Entrance fee for Ice fishing festival : KRW 10,000 (USD 9~10 value). There are 1,000 sites for international visitors. For more information of ice fishing festival entrance fee, visit this official website (click here)
2. Fishing tools : You need to bring fishing rod, simple chair. Around entrance, you will see many shops you can buy equipment. Cost will be total KRW 10,000~20,000 (USD 9~19).
3. Worm clothes : Have you heard ‘Knife wind’ ? It is very cold because of wind. So bring worm clothes.
—–information below are from official websites(click here) ——–
Fishing by breaking thick ice on Hwacheoncheon (stream) to catch Sancheoneo.
○ Open hours: 08:30 ~ 18:00
○ Site scale :
– reservation receipt fishing site – 6,000 holes
– Fishing place for international only – 1,000 holes
· Participants with age of 12 years and above : 12,000 won (Agriculture specialty coupon is provided when Issuing ticket.)
· Primary school pupil/the aged/the disabled/man of national merit/Foreigner : 8,000 won (Agriculture specialty coupon is provided when Issuing ticket.)
– International Only fishing site
· Foreigner : 10,000 won (10,000won Hwacheon love gift certificate is provided when Issuing ticket.)
※ Free for children under the age of six
○ Operation system:
– Application for reservation : 6,000 persons a day → Reservation by online web site ‘Interpark-ticket’ start Dec. 19.
– fishing place for international only : 1,000 persons a day → Issuing ticket after receipt for the day.
It is a fishing doing at Hwacheonchoen fishing place to maintain the knack of thrilling Sancheoneo lure fishing not to forget the fishing technique.
○ Application: Spot receipt (Limited 250 people in a day)
○ Fee: same as spot receipt ice fishing
○ Operating hours: 08:30 ~ 18:00
○ Location: Lure fishing place in fishing square
It is to catch Sancheoneo by hand when someone wishes to catch Sancheoneo but dislike waiting time in fishing, not having much time to go home back, or not seeing even a Sancheoneo.
○ Spot receipt (Limited a time per 70 people)
○ Fee: same as ice fishing by spot application
○ Operating time: 3 times/day in weekdays, 5 times/day in weekend
○ Location: Near snow sledding place at Baemeorigyo (bridge)
Shuttle bus (Public transportation) for Ice fishing festival
From Seoul, You can use their shuttle bus service. Round trip cost is KRW 10,000 (USD 9~10 value). There are also intercity buses, but shuttle bus is cheaper and reliable. The shuttle bus will take you to exact in front of ice fishing festival entrance.
But notice! only 40 people come first can catch the bus. Make reservation before you depart!
1. Shuttle bus Cost : KRW 10,000 for round trip
2. Maximum people : 40 seats per day.
3. Pick up point in Seoul : Gwanghwamun metro station (광화문 역) exit No.6. In front of Donghwa duty free shop.
Check map below with street view.
4. Schedule : AM 8:00 departure time from Seoul. PM 17:00 departure time from Hwacheon (ice fishing festival place)
For more information of shuttle bus visit this website (click here)